Alliance Française Karachi is looking for a ‘Front-Desk In-charge’
The Front-Desk is an essential part of the functioning of Alliance Française
The Front-Desk In-charge is the first contact person at Alliance. He/she is responsible for:
– Reception duties (at Front-Desk or on telephone)
– Providing information about language courses, workshops and the cultural programs to the public
– Keeping record of the admission of students (through a registration software) and receiving the tuition fees
– Ensuring the follow-up of the students and reminding them about classes schedule at each session
He/she should, therefore, be fully up-dated about the courses offered at Alliance as well as all other activities and should be able to provide initial guidance to the students at the time of admission. He/she will have to work in close collaboration with Course Director and inform him of any difficulties encountered at Front-Desk.
In addition to the above duties he/she has to perform some administrative duties (under the guidance of the Secretary General of the Alliance) :
– Preparation and dispatching of letters (administration of the mail-box: email@example.com
– Replying to E-mails and, whenever needed, forwarding the queries to the management of the Alliance (Director, Course Director, Secretary General)
– Maintaining contact with the different service-providers of the Alliance and following-up on the orders placed by the Alliance (particularly with printer)
– Ensuring the follow-up regarding the making of student and member cards
– Follow-up of translation works (in collaboration with the secretary general), ensuring customer relations
– Participating in the preparation of cultural events and be present in them
– The above list of duties is by no means exhaustive
He/she should possess a good level of English (oral as well as written), an immaculate presentation, sense of public relations and dealing. Knowledge of French language or the desire to learn it will be appreciated (possibility to learn French at AfK). He/she should possess the basic IT skills (Word, Excel, Data-base functioning). He/she should be rigorous and well-managed in his/her work which also requires some knowledge of keeping of accounts. He/she should be capable of team-work and guided by a permanent concern for the quality of public relations.
Timings: Monday to Saturday, from 9.30 A.M to 6.30 P.M (with one hour lunch interval)
Annual leave: one month per year of which one week in summer and one week in winter
Confirmation of employment after a probationary period of three months
Basic salary Rs 25 000/- per month, adjustable every year, allowances possible according to performance.
Vacancy to be filled immediately.
If you wish to apply, send a resume, references and cover letter to Mr. Muhammad Iqbal BHIMLA, General Secretary : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be processed upon date of receipt.